Katy, Texas –
Jordan Wooley, a seventh-grade student at West Memorial Junior High School, is standing up for her religious beliefs after she alleged her teacher forced students to deny that God is real, and threatened them with failing grades if they didn’t agree.
Jordan testified at a school board meeting on the evening of October 26th, in regards to an assignment in her reading class that caused a significant controversy. In that testimony, she expressed concern and frustration about her teacher’s attempts to indoctrinate her students into atheism.
“Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” she told board members.
Wooley claimed that many students immediately objected, but, good tolerant liberal that she is, the teacher refused to consider their position.
I have a more complete list of poll questions- to be given to Jordan’s teacher. Her answers should be illuminating. (In the interests of fairness, I had the N.E.A. approve of questions 1, 2 and 10).
1) Is God a fact, opinion or myth? (Duh!)
2) Is global warming a fact, opinion or myth? (Remember, the science is settled!)
3) Is the statement that “a classical liberal education should not tell students what to think, but teach them how to think” a fact, opinion or myth?
4) Is “free” healthcare & education a fact, opinion or myth?
5) Is the statement “those who can…do, and those who can’t…teach” fact, opinion or myth? ;)
6) Democrats are the party of the poor and working class: fact, opinion or myth?
7) President Obama is a better president than Calvin Coolidge: fact, opinion, myth or ‘who the hell was Calvin Coolidge?!’
8) President Obama is a better president than Jimmy Carter: fact, opinion, myth or ‘It’s a trick question, it’s a tie!’
9) Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and Louis Farrakhan are/were great men, but Christopher Columbus, Benjamin Netanyahu and Andrew Jackson are/were louts: fact, opinion, myth, or ‘I don’t recognize any of these names, did you use spell check?!’
10) Abortion is simply a form of birth control vital to a woman’s overall health, but eating animal meat is murder: fact (correct answer), opinion (I’d be careful if I were you!), myth or ‘who cares?’