Regularly Sporadic Current Events Quiz #9
(Can you get a perfect score?)
1) What country did the United States recently abandon, leaving behind billions of dollars of military hardware?
2) A Duquesne University professor recently said that white people should do what as an ethical act?
a) Abstain from sex
b) Abstain from eating at Olive Garden
c) Give more money to peoples of color/raise taxes on themselves
d) Stop using plastic straws
e) Commit suicide
3) Cornell University now has a 95% vaccination rate. And today it has ____________ COVID cases than/as it did at this same time last year.
a) 95% less
b) Far fewer
c) 5 times more
d) The same number of
e) Slightly more
4) Facebook A.I. recently mislabeled a video of Black men, calling them ___________?
b) Noted scholars
c) White men
d) White women
5) MSNBC’s Joy Reid recently said that Texas is:
a) Really big
b) South of Oklahoma
c) Filled with ranchers and rednecks
d) Basically a small Soviet Republic at this point
e) Part of Africa
6) Dr. Fauci is:
a) Always right
b) A spotlight-loving moron
c) A beloved character from the long-running daytime soap opera, “General Hospital”
d) The name of one of President Joe Biden’s dogs
e) Actually just a holographic image
7) The ACLU claims that vaccine mandates:
a) Further civil liberties
b) Are unconstitutional
c) Are unethical
d) Are impractical and unworkable
e) Will lead to economic Armageddon
8) President Joe Biden is:
a) Usually asleep
b) In the throes of dementia
c) A non-viable tissue mass
d) Controlled by outside interests
e) All of the above
9) Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki responded to a reporter asking how Biden can be pro-abortion when “his own Catholic faith teaches that abortion is morally wrong” by replying:
a) “I know you are, but what am I”
b) “Shut up!”
c) “None of your bees wax”
d) “That’s a good-- and profound-- question that deserves a thoughtful response”
e) "He believes that it's a woman's right. It's a woman's body and it's her choice,"
I know you've never faced those choices, nor have you ever been pregnant, but for women out there who have faced those choices, this is an incredibly difficult thing. The president believes that right should be respected."
(A follow-up question would be: “Does President Biden believe that it’s a woman’s body and choice when it comes to the decision of whether or not to get injected with a COVID-19 vaccine? Does the president believe that that right should be respected, especially as it doesn’t necessarily involve the taking of an innocent life?”)
10) Judging by the events of the past two years, the world:
a) Is completely f*cked
b) Is about to end
c) Is no longer worth saving
d) Has gone stark, raving mad
e) All of the above
The correct answers are: e,e,c,e,d,b,a,e,e,e.